Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nourishing abhyanga

If you want a deep, intimate relationship with others,
first become aware of who you are.
-William Haugh


There is something magical with saturday mornings. The whole family is gathered. The breakfast is well prepared and without any haste. I can allow myself a long home spa treatment.

My regular abhyanga massage during a
weekday morning proceedes rapidly and ends with a quick shower. Except on the weekends. Then I can sink in the bath after a nice nourishing self-care massage.

For thousands of years people have used abhyanga to maintain health, benefit sleep patterns, increase longevity. For me the massage is almost like a survival tool since it pacifies my vata dosha. Getting a deep feeling of stability and warmth.

My skin gets a nice softness and strength and my sciatica is benefited as well as deep seated toxins in the joints and tissues are loosened.
The circulation gets going and perhaps the most important for a quickly moving vata - it calms the nerves.







No comments:

Post a Comment