Saturday, August 21, 2010

Awareness

A yogi lives on this earth like any other human being.
He thinks, enjoys and eats like others.
The great difference is
that he has awakened a dormant faculty called awareness.

-Swami Satyananda Saraswati

Today I am proud of living in a crammed city like Osaka. There are houses, people, cars and trains everywhere. And noise. And smell. And...

A couple of years ago this would have been impossible for me. Then I couldn´t even drive my car having my radio tuned on. I ran, instead of walking, even though there was no hurry anywhere. My mind was occupied 24-7.

Lyckily I found myself standning on a yoga mat. That was the beginning to a totally new chapter of my life. Something that changed my life. I found balance. I was suddenly able to center and feel grounded. I noticed that the birds where singing, the roses where red and suddenly the green grass smelled fresh. I could inhale freely, without any worries of tomorrow or doubts about yesterday.

Today I can be present. If I somehow lose my awareness I have the best guardian angles. My family. When my daughters ask me: Mom why are you walking so fast? Then I know I have spaced out and find myself breathing with my collar bones. Then it´s time for medicine - yoga. Time to tune in my own frequency. Awareness breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment